Due to the nature of a business that Karatbars is involved in (gold and gold backed cryptocurrency), frequently there are attempts to hack the accounts of Karatbars affiliates. How? Through all sorts of scam emails and false info on social media.
For example, here, Thomas Valet, a communication manager of Karatbars, is talking about the troubles that scammers caused this July.
Karatbars stuff and lawyers are on guard and are dealing with such content as it arises.
To stay 99.9% immune from scammers, Karatbars introduced 2 mandatory security measures in your Karatbars and Karatbit accounts.
Security measure #1.
2FA (2 Factor Authenticator). In both, Karatbars and Karatbit accounts
- Go to Karatbars and Karatbit and activate 2FA immediately. By doing this, you are making sure that even if scammers do get access to your login and password they won’t be able to access your assets
- 2FA makes sure that you stay 99.9% immune to scams!
- To activate 2FA in Karatbars, follow this tutorial
- To activate 2FA in Karatbit, follow this tutorial
Security measure #2.
You receive a security token code with every email sent from Karatbit
- At the bottom of every email your receive from Karatbit, you will find a security token code
- To be certain that an email is coming from Karatbit and not from scammers, copy a token code in the email and paste it into the field of Karatbit check email page. If an email came from Karatbit, at the bottom of the page you will see the confirmation of that.
- Here is a tutorial on how to check whether the email is coming from Karatabit via a security token code:
First-order defense from scammers
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It’s true, in all areas of life, not only health.
Follow the below advice to stay clear of scammers in the first place.
- Read only original emails from Karatbars. They come with the extension of @karatbars.com
- Ignore emails that contain a link. Don’t click on links. Karatbars never sends emails with a link. Forward such email to email@example.com, so that Karatbars can deal with it
- Ignore ‘Karatbars’ support links on social media channels. Karatbars doesn’t offer support via a link on social media!
- Never use the same password for your email and Karatbars / Karatbit accounts!
Share the above security measures with all affiliates in your team, so that everyone stays safe and happy.