In this step-by-step tutorial you will learn how to use K-Merchant backoffice. Precisely, how to add a shop and POS device.
After registering with K-Merchant and familiarizing yourself with K-Merchant dashboard, the first thing you want to do to get started with K-Merchant is to add your first shop and a corresponding POS device.
You can either follow the written directions or watch the video with similar directions.
How to add a shop in K-Merchant
1. Go to www.k-merchant.com and click Merchant Login
2. Enter your Email address and Password and click Sign In
3. Once you’ve successfully logged into your account, click Shops in the left-hand menu
4. After registering with K-Merchant the system automatically creates your a sample shop.
- To edit this ship, in Actions click on the ‘pen’ icon (Screenshot #1) and you will be taken to the ‘Shops Update’ page (Screenshot #2)
5. On the ‘Shops Update’ page, type in all the required information marked with a star.
- First choose whether your store is Real Shop or Online shop. Let’s suppose your store is Real (brick-and-mortar), so select Real Shop.
7. Enter the Name of your shop, physical Address and Phone Number.
8. Other fields are not required. However keep in mind that after a store transaction is completed you may want to send your customer a receipt. In that receipt, the signature of your shop is included.
So, if you want your customers to know as much as possible about your shop, fill in all the fields. All this info will be included in the signature. Namely, enter the Email and Manager of your shop, and then the Link of that shop’s website.
9. Once you are done with all the fields, click Update Shop
10. Now, if you go back to Shops (on the left-hand menu), you will be able to see the shop you just added.
- On the ‘Shops’ page you can view all shops that you ever created in your K-Merchant account.
10. To add another shop, click Add a new shop at the top right corner and follow the same steps as above.
Let’s say this time you want to add an online shop (Screenshot #3).
Click Online Shop.
Type in the Name, Phone Number, Email, Manager (optional) and Website Link of your store.
After that click Add Shop and you are done.
How to edit or delete a shop
When you want to edit or delete one of you shops simply click on Shops on the left-hand menu.
To edit information about your shop click on the green ‘pen’ icon in Action tab.
To delete a shop, click on the red ‘delete’ icon in Action tab.
How to add a POS device in K-Merchant
What is POS device? POS device is simply a device that connects your K-Merchant account to your real (brick-and-mortar) store and enables your customers to pay with cryptocurrency directly into your store.
1. On the left-hand menu hover over Virtual Terminal and click POS Devices.
2. Once you are on the ‘Device’ page, in the right top corner, click Add Device (Screenshot #3 below)
2a. On the pop up, enter a Device Name. Naming each device will help you to differentiate them when you have more than one device (Screenshot #4).
2b. Then set a 4-digit Device Pin. Again, that’s for differentiation purposes.
2c. After that, from the dropdown menu, choose the Shop you want to assign this device to.
2d. After you’ve filled out all the fields, click Add and you are done!
3. To add another device click Add Device in the right top corner and follow the direction above. You can add as many POS Devices as you want.
Now your shops and POS devices are taken care of — that was pretty intuitive!
Leave any of your questions below.