Below you will learn how to recover 2FA in your Karatbit / Karatbars account.
If you lost or damaged your phone, or accidentally removed 2FA Google Authenticator app from your phone, the tutorial below is for you.
How to recover your 2FA
When you first set up 2FA, you received a backup code (See Screenshot #1 below; in red letters)
Did you write down the backup code? If yes, use it to recover 2FA.
If you didn’t write it down, follow directions in the CryptoDad video below to recover 2FA.
Ask Karatbit / Karatbars to deactivate 2FA
If you followed directions in the above video but were not able to recover 2FA:
Then you will have to ask Karatbit / Karatbars to deactivate 2FA for you, which will require the following 3 things from you:
1. Copy of your ID card (a secondary identification document can be required)
2. A selfie with you holding your ID card
3. Your Skype Username (if you don’t own a Skype account, please create one).
Above measures may sound a bit too much, however that’s all for security sake.
Karatbit or Karatbars staff needs to make sure that you are a real owner of the account.
Beware: The minute your 2FA is deactivated, your account becomes vulnerable to all kinds of phishing scams and hacker attacks. So you want to reactivate 2FA as soon as you can (see below).
To deacivate 2FA in Karatbit, send the above 3 things to email@example.com.
To deactivate 2FA in Karatbars, send the above 3 things to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your 2FA got deactivated, follow the steps below
1. Once 2FA is deactivated you will be able to log in into your account without having to enter 2FA code.
2. After you log in, while staying on the same page, scroll down and click on the link in“You are not allowed to place orders. Please activate your 2FA” message.
3. You will be taken to a page with directions how to reactivate your 2FA. To do it, you can also follow this tutorial.
If you have any questions, comment below!